Our exciting transformation hello future is under way and involves extensive redevelopment work between 2018 and 2021. During this time some of our galleries are closed but you can still visit Nature Discovery, our dedicated gallery for under 5’s and their carers where children can explore the natural world on floor 1.
Although our early years family programmes, Baby Explorers and Magic Carpet have now finished, we will be piloting new activities for under 5’s and their carers from January 2019.
You can find an archive of early years work at the Museum, the Whitworth and Manchester Art gallery at: https://culturebabies.wordpress.com/
Look out for:
- Our toddler handling table in Nature Discovery gallery facilitated by our volunteers and collect copies of our I Spy Nature leaflet for ideas and use the pair of (tear off) binoculars for spotting animals around the Museum.
- Drop in baby sensory play sessions in Nature Discovery gallery (supported by family volunteers).
- Early years family programmes to support parent well being.
Please check our dedicated Culture Kids Manchester Facebook page , museum website and our events and exhibitions calendar for the latest information about gallery openings and activities. You can also sign up to our e-newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news including pop up programmes that we’ll be running both inside and outside the Museum.
Our Family Friendly Facilities include:
- Baby changing facilities on our basement floor and floor 3
- Buggy Park, Floor G, please ask at Museum Reception