Coffee, Cake and Culture at Manchester Museum
Manchester Museum offers fully supported museum visits for people living with dementia and their family members or care partner. These two hour sessions are FREE and take place on Wednesdays, 2pm – 4pm (13 April, 18 May, 15 June and 13 July).
The aim of the programme is to provide a stimulating social learning environment where people living with dementia and carers share their visit, experiences and memories. Reawakening the mind and connecting to the world around us, museums and galleries give us a chance to be creative and imaginative.
Specially trained museum staff guide visitors around the exhibitions highlighting collections and objects to engage with during an interactive programme in the galleries, the exhibition visit is followed by coffee and cake with an opportunity for conversation.
The sessions aim to:
- Provide quality time for the the person with dementia and their carer
- Promote creativity and imagination
- Prevent social isolation
- Provide meaningful, age appropriate and stimulating activity
- Encourage all to focus on the person and not the illness
- Enhances communication and enables connections to the world around us
For further information contact, Curator of Community Exhibitions, Andrea Winn: email, firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone, 0161 306 1774