Coffee, Cake and Culture at the Whitworth
At the Whitworth we offer fully supported museum visits for people living with dementia and their family members or care partner. These two hour sessions are FREE and take place on Thursdays, 2pm – 4pm (28 April, 26 May, 30 June, 28 August, 25 Sept, 27 Oct and 24 Nov).
The aim of the programme is to provide a stimulating social learning environment where people living with dementia and carers share their visit, experiences and memories. Reawakening the mind and connecting to the world around us, museums and galleries give us a chance to be creative and imaginative.
Specially trained museum staff guide visitors around the exhibitions highlighting collections and objects to engage with during an interactive programme in the galleries, the exhibition visit is followed by coffee and cake with an opportunity for conversation.
The sessions aim to:
- Provide 1uality time for the the person with dementia and their carer
- Promote creativity and imagination
- Prevent social isolation
- Provide meaningful, age appropriate and stimulating activity
- Encourage all to focus on the person and not the illness
- Enhance communication and enables connections to the world around us
Fro further information contact Arts and Health Co-ordinator, Wendy Gallagher: email, email@example.com OR phone, 07920 595772